Skip to content

International Visiting Scholars

scholar with study group
The Office of Global Engagement encourages all academic departments to considering hosting J-1 Exchange Visitors (EVs) as either a Professor, Research Scholar, Short-term Scholar, or, in limited cases, Student.  Carefully read through the instructions and campus procedures on the Request to Host International
Visiting Scholar 
form below. 

The primary purpose of the J-1 Exchange Visitor visa is to foster the exchange of ideas between Americans and foreign nationals and to stimulate international collaborative teaching and research efforts. The J-1 visa is the easiest and quickest visa to get, but it has certain limitations which must be considered when bringing foreign faculty members and researchers to the University.

Additional information on the J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa is available on the U.S. Department of State website.

For Hosting Departments